Play Where You Stay Virtual Spring Season starts Monday, March 23rd!
Our Play Where You Stay coaches have planned a virtual season to keep our players engaged and moving, even when they’re stuck at home. We know it’s a difficult time for both parents and kids, and we want to offer as many options to safely practice your soccer skills as possible. During our new online season, you and your players can Play soccer Where You Stay — in your home, backyard, or neighborhood, following all the social distancing procedures.
Our mission is to create a future in which every child has a chance to grow up with the world’s game, so we will have live virtual practices twice a day for 5 days a week (Monday – Friday) and one weekly challenge. Every session will be free and open to everyone.
– Live instructional practices with our coaches
- 5 days a week (Monday – Friday)
TwoOne session sa day Morning session – 11 am (Central Time)
- Afternoon session – 4 pm (Central Time)
– Weekly skill challenge
- Released every week with a coach demonstrating the challenge
- Participants have until every Friday at 12:00 pm to send their videos to:
- (901) 864-2800
- Send it via Direct Message to our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter)
- Winner will be announced every Friday by 6:00 pm
- Winner will get a Play Where You Stay jersey, a soccer ball, and a set of 5 cones
Where can you find our Virtual Practices?
You can find it all on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
The practices will be streamed live on Facebook and Instagram and posted every day so everyone can access them. The weekly challenge will also be posted there.
- You can find helpful information and resources about COVID-19, including facts from the Health Department and CDC, handwashing tips and other general guidelines for virus prevention on http://www.shelbytnhealth.com/. The Health Department has also launched a hotline number for questions about COVID-19: (901) 692-7523. The number is staffed during regular business hours, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Find Mobile Food Pantries at https://www.midsouthfoodbank.org
- Join Whole Child Strategies email for helpful updates at https://www.wcstrategies.org/contact-us
- Find Diapers at https://sweetcheeksdiaperbank.org/
- Comcast internet offers at https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19#thingstoknow&all_AmIeligibleforIE
Again, the safety of our players, coaches, and parents is our highest priority. If you have any questions, please reply to this email.
The Play Where You Stay team